Engineering, Project Management and Marketing
- BS, Electronic Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, CA
- Additional courses in C++ programming software language
Major Skills: ASIC Marketing • ASIC Design Methodology • Project Management • Sales Support
• Product Presentations • Product Demonstrations
- Developed recommended ASIC design flow for ASIC vendors that incorporated ECAD vendors design tools.
- Developed and presented VHDL and logic synthesis product overviews to ASIC vendors.
- Wrote and edited articles for a newsletter targeted to ASIC Vendors.
- Implemented major account support plan for customers using CAD layout and routing software.
- Reviewed procurement specifications and made recommendations.
- Trained customers how to use front-end design tools (e.g., Design Architect, System-1076) for system and ASIC design.
- Co-developed training for ASIC vendor tool integration into an ECAD framework.
- Managed full custom chip design project that was successfully completed on schedule.
- Decreased ASIC Vendor design kit testing time 42% while reducing staff by 66%.
- Developed ASIC peripheral chip to support a bipolar microprocessor.
- Successfully completed fault simulation of full custom chip that resulted in 100% fault coverage.
- Market Development Manager, SciTech News 9/91 – present
- Product Marketing Engineer, Mentor Graphics Corp. 2/89 – 8/91
- Sr. Applications Engineer, Cadnetix 6/85 – 1/89
- Sr. Staff Engineer, Ampex Corp. 9/83 – 5/85
- Staff Engineer, Mohawk Data Sciences 2/83 – 8/83
- Sr. Design Engineer, Fairchild Semiconductor 8/80 – 1/