- B. A., Math/Physics, Howard University (1966)
- M. A., Mathematical Statistics, Catholic University (1971)
- Ph.D., Engineering, Catholic University (1986)
- 1979 – Present Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Scientex Corporation. Performed research, technical and management services related to federal agencies in transportation, defense, environment and energy. Developed, patented and introduced ADAPTIR™ automated traffic control technology throughout North America and in Europe.
- 1985 – 1990 Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Center for Privatization. Led technical, management and advisory services to 50 countries in Africa, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East as part of the US State Department’s Privatization Initiative.
- 1977 – 1979 Vice President, Chi Associates. Managed engineering firm that performed research and design studies in transportation and marine engineering.
- 1967 – 1976 Research Engineer, Naval Ship Research and Development Center. Performed theoretical and experimental research on ship design and hydrodynamic performance.
- 1965 – 1967 Junior Engineer, U.S. Bureau of Public Roads/Federal Highway Administration. Performed traffic and human factors studies related to motorist safety.
- African Scientific Institute, Board Member
- Institute of Transportation Engineers, Member
- Intelligent Transportation Society of Virginia, Member
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society, Member
Educational Development Experience:
- Board of Regents, Catholic University, Former Member
- Board of Advisors, Northern Virginia Community College, Former Member
- Board of Advisors, Catholic University’s Department of Civil Engineering, Member
- Affinity Advisory Group, Landon School, Chairman
- Private Tutor, Math and Science (all levels)
- Invited Lecturer, various middle and high schools, and colleges